About Your Dentist
For more than 35 years, one of our dentists Dr. John Puchalski has been creating beautiful smiles at North Washington Dental. He enjoys the many personal relationships he has developed while helping four generations of families – children to seniors – to achieve and maintain their optimum oral health. With an emphasis on the prevention and restoration of dental disease, “Dr. P” is dedicated to the care of his patients and the practice of dentistry.
A native of Oak Park, Illinois, Dr. Puchalski attended Washington University in St. Louis. After graduating from the University Of Illinois School Of Dentistry, he moved to Colorado and joined North Washington Dental.
In his spare time, Dr. Puchalski is a fan of movies, travel, exploring Colorado’s mountains, the Chicago Bears and a wide array of eclectic music.
Dr. Puchalski is a “5280 Best Dentist Award Winner” for 2017
Born and raised in Denver, Colorado, Dr. Humphrey received his Bachelor of Science Degree from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Once graduated from the University Of Nebraska Medical Center School Of Dentistry, Dr. Humphrey began his private practice in Burlington, Colorado. He owned his practice there until 2002, when he joined the dentists of North Washington Dental in Thornton, CO.
With 30 years’ experience, Dr. Humphrey is an expert in the area of Implant Prosthetics. Dr. Humphrey did a yearlong preceptorship at St. Joseph Hospital and Children’s Hospital in Denver, and in 1990, he earned a Fellowship from the Academy of Hospital Dentistry. In 1998 he earned a Fellowship from the Academy of General Dentistry. Dr. Humphrey considers himself a life-long student of dentistry and is dedicated to continuing education; he has been selected each year from 2008-2014 by 5280 Magazine as one of the area’s top dentists.
Dr. Humphrey’s professional affiliations include the American Dental Association, the Colorado Dental Association, and the Metropolitan Denver Dental Society, Academy of General Dentistry and the American Association of Hospital Dentists.
Dr. Humphrey enjoys spending time with his wife and daughters, who keep him busy. He also enjoys fishing, hiking, swimming and competing with the Colorado Masters Swimming Association.
Dr. Humphrey has been a “5280 Best Dentist Award Winner” every year from 2008 – 2017
"Dentistry is not only about dental treatment; it is art, communication, and a connection between doctors, patients, and each patient's friends and family through their confident smiles."
"A good smile is the best way of communication and the fastest way to break the ice in a relationship."
As Christie Brinkley said, "Share your smile with the world. It's a symbol of friendship and peace."
"To provide high-end dentistry to our community, using my knowledge, talent and work ethic to serve our valuable patients in a respectful, relaxing and family-friendly atmosphere. We should do our best to exceed their expectations and attain full patient satisfaction."
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery – Syria (2000)
- Specialty in Orthodontics – France (2004)
- Specialty in Oral Implantology – France (2005)
- Master of Orthodontics – Syria (2011)
- Advanced Standing International Student Program – United States (2018)
- Best Scientific Research (third position), Syrian Society of Dental Research (2012)
- Functional Appliances, Dr. McNamara – Belgium
- Incognito Certification Course Lingual Technique –Belgium
- Burston Technique, Professor Nanda – France
- Straight Wire Techniques, Dr. Planche – France
- Adult Treatment and Lingual Technique, Dr. Chazalon – France
- Class II, Division I With and Without Extractions, Dr. Chazalon – France
- Activator Appliance in Mixed Dentition, Dr. Chazalon – France
- Treatment of Asymmetric Cases, Dr. Chazalon – France
- Orthodontic Implant and Orthognathic Surgery – Syria
- Orthognathic Surgery and Cleft Lip Surgery – Syria
- Lingual Technique, Levels I and II, Professor Velo – Italy
- Improve Orthodontic Finishing Results, Professor Bennett – United States
- Treatment of TMJ Disorders, Professor Abdel Fattah – Egypt
- Orthodontic and TMJ Treatment for Adults, Dr. Sabagh – Germany
- Cephalometric Applications, Dr. Brandt – Germany
- Extraction and Non-Extraction in Orthodontic Treatment, Professor Hasund – Norway
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Structural Class III and Orthognathic Surgery – Syria
- Treatment with Thermoform Plates, Professor Amoric – France
- Basics of Finishing in Orthodontic Treatment, Professor Ashok Karad – India
- Course in Straumann Implants – France
- Course in Friadent Implants – France
- Protaper Rotary System in Endodontic Treatment – Syria
- Modern Methods in the Application of Composite (Ivoclar-Vivadent) – Syria
- Art of Ceramic Restorations Without Metal (Ivoclar-Vivadent) – Syria
- Recipes for Predictable Anterior Aesthetics N.Y.D.F. – United States
- Cosmetic Dentistry and Ceramic Veneers – United States
- Burning Mouth Syndrome – United States
- Local Anesthesia in Today's Dental Practice – United States
- Oral Piercings: Implication for Dental Professionals – United States
- The Annual French Orthodontic Congress, "Journee de l'Orthodontie" – France (2002, 2003, 2004)
- World Conference of Orthodontics – France
- Orthodontic Implants Symposium, Professor Park – Korea
- First Orthodontic and Maxillofacial Academic Scientific Conference – Syria
- International Master Course in Implantology – France
- The XV International Scientific Conference – Syria
- First Conference of the Syrian Society of Dental Implants – Syria
- The Seventh European Lingual Orthodontics Congress – Italy
- The Sixth Syrian Dental Association Congress – Syria
- The Second Syrian Society for Dental Implants Congress – Syria
- XVII International Scientific Conference – Syria
- Fourth Conference of the Syrian Society for Dental Implants – Syria
- Direct and Indirect Full Ceramic Restorations – Syria
- American Association of Endodontists
- American Dental Association
- American Student Dental Association
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
Life & Hobbies
When he isn't practicing dentistry, Dr. Kartabil enjoys traveling, visiting different countries and meeting new people. He is happily married with two children, and in his spare time, his hobbies include swimming, practicing martial arts, and playing billiards.
"As a patient, you will receive high-quality dental treatment in a friendly and caring environment. I take pride in treating my patients with honesty and integrity, and I want each patient to trust me and be confident that I have his or her best interest in mind."
University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine, Doctorate of Dental Surgery – Aurora, CO
Dr. Kachur is currently an active member of the American Dental Association, Colorado Dental Association, American Association of Endodontists and Academy of General Dentistry.
Life & Hobbies
When she's not practicing dentistry, Dr. Kachur enjoys exercising, hiking, skiing, traveling, country dancing, and spending time with her family, friends, and puppy, Frida.